Sunday, August 24, 2008

Urgent Care

Friday I woke up at 3:00 a.m. with excruciating pain in my right ear. I took some ibuprofin, applied a cold pack and finally got back to sleep. I went to work on Friday, hoping it would just go away. Friday night still wasn't great, so I tried to fix it myself....I hate going to doctors! I first applied Hydrogen Peroxide in my ear...that REALLY hurt. then I tried some warm Olive Oil, hoping that would help. Well, I didn't have anything to flush the Olive Oil out with (you're supposed to use those blue things that sucks the boogers out of babies noses) but we were fresh out at my house. Needless to say the Olive Oil just stayed in my ear, clogging it up. So I then tried more Hydrogen Peroxide to get the Olive Oil out, but it didn't work. Saturday morning, after being woke up 2 days in a row from pain, I decided to go to Urgent Care. It was quite the experience. I was the first one in line, so they took me right back to get my BP, temp, O2 level and weight. Then put me in a room to wait for "Dr. Neumann". I put his name in quotes, because I don't really now if Doctor is the proper title for him. But, it's Urgent Care, I don't know why I was expecting anything more. But as I sat there waiting for him, I began to look around at my surroundings....and this is what I found. The X-ray view finder looked like it hasn't been upgraded since the 70's, as well as the metal "stand" that they kept all of their necessary tools. Then you take in consideration the blue metal table, and it looks like a Doctors office straight out of a horror movie or at the very least...a Haunted House!
Well, for some reason it took "Dr. Newman" roughly 20-25 minutes before he made his way into my room (which happens to be the ONLY patient room in the whole building.) He walked in wearing nothing less than a what appeared to be fishing vest that kept the rest of the tools he may need. Again, I'm not sure why I was expecting anything more from Urgent Care, but the Doctor fit right it in this "horror room." Well, he took a look at my ear and said the whole thing is swollen, and that I have an ear infection. So, I guess he has his license at least, because he was able to prescribe me a few items to help kick it. So now I have the necessary items that will help clear what ever is in my ear!

1 comment:

Amy said...

yikes is all i have to say