Sunday, March 29, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
- All we need is our covenants
- We don't need credit to do it the Savior's Way
- Be in places you can feel the spirit
- Communicate/Pray with our Father in Heaven
- Write Questions that you want answered in the front page of the Book of Mormon and when you find the answers write them on the back page of the Book of Mormon
- Make personal connections by writing in the Margins
- Start a gratitude journal
- Transitions ARE NOT a Disease!!
- Exercise Faith
- Relief Socity is the ulimate Peace Corps.
- When behavior goes up against doctrine, doctrine will always win
- We are for family, we aren't against anyone
- The Lord takes individuals and makes GIANTS
- We are living the life we signed up for
- No ability exceeds revelation. We should learn to seek personal revelation, understand when we receive it and ACT upon it!
- We need to use our abilities for good
- We are living an experience to prepare us for the dream
It's amazing how much of the 'little' stuff I forget about, but how big of a difference it makes! I was very grateful for her words and for the experiences she shared with us. She is an amazing woman and has done so much for not only the women in the church and world but also all mankind. She is on the board for the perpetual education fund and has assisted with disaster relief all around the world. We are greatful to have a leader like her.
Last Saturday I had to go into work for something, and I pulled into the parking lot and was trying to unlock the clinic door when I heard a noise behind me. I looked back and saw this...a moose eating our trees. Earlier in the week Mike and I had talked about how we hadn't seen as many moose this winter and then this happens! I think that this is one of my favorite things about Alaska. No other place do you see moose crossing the highways, let alone the side streets. And it's not uncommon to see bear in the city during the summer. Although a moose isn't the nicest of all animals, I'd much rather be in an empty parking lot with a moose than a bear! I'm still unable to find my camera so I took this photo with my phone, so unfortunately you can't get accurate depth perception with this picture, but I was a lot closer to this moose than the picture perceives.