Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Left Overs


I achieved a great accomplishment today....I ate left overs. I've never really cared for left overs, I'm not sure why. My mother loves them, but states that none of her children like them. Mike LOVES left overs, in fact I think he likes them more the second go around then the first. I personally don't understand this concept. I tried to convince Mike at one point that I did like left overs, but he's now come to an accurate realization of my feelings for them. So, whenever we go out to eat and I don't finish my meal I take it home (with little intention to eat it) but it usually ends up in his belly. Prior to us dating, they would just sit in the fridge until it was ready to be thrown away. I don't consider myself to be a wasteful person, I'm just ready for a fresh idea for a meal rather than eating the same thing over and over and over! But today I reached to a new height by eating my left over fresh spring roll and pork fried rice. And although I don't necessarily want to admit it, it wasn't too bad. In fact, I liked it. Does this mean that I will forge forward and eat left overs all the time...probably not. But I thought it should publicly be known that I did eat them!

5 comments:

Kory said...

As long as we're trying new things, you should play with some snakes.

Wendy said...

I think you should learn to drive a stick shift!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

I don't like left overs either!
Do I get an invite to the big wedding?

Amy said...

I agree with Wendy.(about the stick shift) you know its trouble when you car is in the shop and your poor crippled wife has to drive you around.

Anyway, I was just going to say that I too HATE the left over thing. I think it is more of my aversion to moldy food. I am always scared that if I save something it will get moldy and I will open it up and it will be green and hairy. My mother also LOVED the leftovers and was really good about finding ways to use her left over chicken or beef. But she also saved everything, so I grew up really detesting leftovers for that reason.

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

You are so funny I am picturing you bending over in your fridge throwing all of your leftovers away saying "get rid of it!"... wow that was one of the funniest couple of months of my life! God bless Bellevue.