Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sully’s

Last Saturday night Forrest, Jamie and I went to Sullivan's Steak House. (Mike couldn't go because he was slaving away at workL.) For anyone who hasn't had the privilege of eating at Sullivan's you are definitely missing out. They don't really have too many locations, but for some reason we have one here in the great state of Alaska. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision for us to go, but a well made decision. Forrest works there as a waiter, and actually had the night off, so he made the suggestion that we go. I had crab stuffed halibut, with a steak on the side (I don't know all the fancy names for the different cuts of steaks, sorry.) They also gave me their gorgonzola garlic dipping sauce for my steak, which was to die for. We were treated like royalty, because of Forrest's wonderful connection, which made our dining experience that much more fun. They had a non-alcoholic wine that had been given to the steakhouse that Forrest has wanted to try, so they gave that to us as well. As you can see, Forrest looks a little tipsy, but I can assure you that no alcohol was consumed. I thought the stuff was nasty, but who am I to judge really. They do their side dished 'Ala Carte' so we ordered their scalloped potatoes and asparagus with this amazing butter dipping sauce. Then came dessert: Jamie and I shared this chocolate brownie that was cooked on the outside, but still a little doughy on the inside, topped off with some vanilla ice cream. Oh, so good! Due to the price of their menu, Sullivan's isn't typically a restaurant that we pick, but it is greatly enjoyed every time we go! (And when it's free, it's even that much better!) I'll make sure Mike is in attendance next time too!

2 comments:

Amy said...

All that food sounds so good! I love steak houses.

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Alright this is my 2nd post of the night we are in love with steak houses and I wish I could visit that one! Could you do me a fav and tell Emily and Gil we'd like an invite to their blog!? How's the weddin' comin along? We're so excited for you!