Friday, August 22, 2008

Straight A's

I have just completed another quarter at the highly esteemed Charter College and the results are in...and once again I have received an "A" in both of my classes. For those of you who are real smarty pants, this may seem as merely expected, but let me let you in on a little secret about me...I don't do 4.0's! I never received one...ever. Does that mean I'm stupid? No...but my priorities ranked as followed: social, work, social, family, social, little school, social. So now I'm all grown up and applying myself, it's a weird concept I know, but it's working...who knew! My parents bribed me for years, dangling wonderful things in front of my pretty little face, but I never bit, much to their dismay. They even offered me a trip to Florida, to see the Miami Dolphins play, which actually caught my attention, but alas...I came up short. So here I am YEARS later, and I'm doing it all on my own! It helps that I actually enjoy my classes and look forward to going to them, which was another concept I had never grasped and couldn't comprehend...Enjoying school?!? Impossible! But I really do. Now I really understand why people enjoy going to school. So now I embark on another quarter, beginning Monday 2 more classes, Pharmacology and CPT, that I will again work towards keeping up this GPA that I never thought was possible!

3 comments:

Talia Jensen said...

Way awesome Wendy!!! Congratulations. Good luck with the upcoming semester as well!

Amy said...

GOOD JOB!

Darby said...

Congratulations! That self motivation thing never quite hit me in school!