Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mom Visiting and Housing



This past week my mom came up to visit for a week and it was great! We got a lot of stuff done for the wedding, which is very relieving! It is coming together nicely, which is great since we are getting down to crunch time! We got the catering taken care of, which was a big stress reliever. We even found us a place to live, which I'm VERY excited about! I was really stressed about it, because I REALLY didn't want to live in an apartment style housing. I've been too spoiled the last 2 years living in a duplex with a yard and room to breath, but as we were looking around, it seemed as though that was going to be impossible. So one day my mom and I were driving around looking at different housing, and I happened to turn down a street that was a dead end, and we found this little place with a FOR RENT sign in the window. I called the number and we met the landlord the next day and we LOVED it! It's perfect! It has 2 bedrooms, Washer and Dryer in the unit, it's on a quiet street, it's just perfect! And the best part is it's a month to month lease! We even have a little area to grow plants! So, that was definitely one of the highlights of the week. We had lots of fun with mom though. We went up to my uncle's house on Sunday and had dinner and played cards (that's what the Nelson's do when we get together!) We went to Humpy's and ate some amazing fresh Halibut, and then mom went up to Palmer and spent a few days with my uncle and aunt, because I had school on Wednesday and Thursday night. Friday mom met me at work and Dr. Bilan took us to lunch at Momma O's for some more fresh Halibut. Friday night we went down to David's Bridal so that mom could look at my dress. The alterations weren't quite done, but I was able to put it on and she got to see it. She was supposed to be taking it down with her to Utah, so she brought an extra suitcase, but they called and said it wasn't going to be ready L. That night we drove out to Wasilla to my cousin Jacelyn's house for her baby shower. It was lots of fun, and we had a great time visiting. Saturday we plugged away at more wedding stuff. We did take time to go to Allen and Petersen and look at their home appliances! That store is amazing. Mom and Dad are buying us a mixer for the wedding, so we wanted to go compare brands. It was fun to look around at all their fun kitchen toys! After that we went to Sushi Sushi and had some of the best sushi I've ever had, which they served with this Teriyaki Halibut, which was SO good! It was sad to say goodbye, but we're glad she came. It rained the whole time she was here, and I don't think it got about 65 degrees, but she loved it compared to the 102 degrees she was missing out on! Thanks for coming mom!

3 comments:

JElsie said...

Looks like things are coming together nicely Wendy. So glad you found that place! Mike was so excited when telling me about the other evening. And thanks for sharing your mom with us. She's sweet. Wish she could have stayed longer.

Kory said...

Did you say Humpy's? I'm not so sure about Alaska.

Heidi said...

Awesome - 2 bedrooms, month-to-month rent, a washer and dryer? What more could you want! Glad the plans are going well!