Saturday, July 12, 2008

We made it

We have had just a lovely week! It seems to be a whirlwind however. Tuesday we went and got pre-approved for a house. It's more than we want to spend, but it's nice to have a ballpark figure that we can work with. Now we just have to start looking to see if we find something that we just can't live with out. We still haven't completely decided if we are going to rent or buy, but we don't want to rule out any options, until we see what those options are. We are going out on Tuesday to see what's out there. Thursday night, my class at school got cancelled! I almost didn't know what to do with my time, but we made the most of it. We took the opportunity to finish registering for the wedding. It took us 2 trips, and 7 hours to complete it, but it is finally done! I didn't know that it was going to be such a process. I'm sure that the employees of Bed Bath and Beyond were glad to be rid of us! But, I do believe it took so long, because they went through the WHOLE store with us, and did the scanning for us. (We talked to some friends who said they got to just take the scan gun and do it themselves.) We were kind of bugged by that, but are happy that it's over. Friday night we had a date night and went and watched "Hancock", which is the new Will Smith movie. It was okay, but not my favorite, but we haven't been to a movie in a while, so it was fun to be out! Today was busy, busy! Mike started a part-time job at Best Buy, so he was at orientation most of the day. I made the most of my time! I did some grocery shopping, worked on wedding invitations to make sure I get them just perfect, got dinner all prepped and made, went to Costco to pick up some pictures, cleaned my house, went and took a tour of a BEAUTIFUL home, went to my last dress fitting, finished making dinner and fed the Sister Missionaries. All with out a nap! These days keep going faster and faster, and the wedding is going to be here in no time! That makes me happy!

1 comment:

Kory said...

Hold up! Buying a house is a good idea, but buying a house in Alaska is a bad idea. That makes you permanent. Choose wisely...