Monday, July 21, 2008

Jetblue to the rescue

Mike and I have been having a very hard time deciding on our honeymoon. Because we live in the great Alaskan Tundra, one of the things I miss the most are Rollercoasters. So, for this reason, I wanted to go to Theme Parks for our honeymoon. Our dilemma follows: The few theme parks that are in Northern California are going to be closed in September when we are going to be down there for all the wedding festivities. Needless to say I was a little distraught. Because we don't get to see our families much, we wanted to make sure that we get as much time with them as possible, while still including a honeymoon. So, the other day I started getting online to see what my options were, one of the ones I came up with was to drive from Sandy to Los Angeles, through Vegas, spend a few days in Southern Cali, and then drive up to Northern Cali where Mike's family is. Well, that is a lot of driving (20 hours) for such a short trip and although I love road trips, I don't want to use this occasion to burn all that fuel. So, one of my co-workers suggested I look at flights. And low and behold…my dilemma has been solved! For a merely $300 the 2 of us get to fly from SLC to Long Beach, spend 3 days there, and then fly from Long Beach to Sacramento, and spend a few days with his family and have another wedding reception! It was the perfect solution! Now I get to ride all my rollercoasters, and still have a reasonable amount of time with each of our families! I am SO excited! Thanks Jet Blue!

1 comment:

Kory said...

Jet blue huh? Is this some kind of 'I used to work there' discount? That's a really good deal. Oh, and from what I can tell in your pictures, your hair is long, and I really like it.