Sunday, November 30, 2008

What a Weekend!

So I have totally been slacking in the blogging department and I apologize profusely!! Life has been down right crazy here and unfortunately the blogging gets last priority. And although it may not settle down immediately it should get quieter soon! But enough of that...lets get some updates! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We started our weekend on Wednesday and went to Blues Central for a anniversary party for one of the radio morning shows up here. We went mostly for the music, and we were NOT disappointed! A man by the name of Geoffry Castle came and played his violin and he was amazing. For all you musicians out there, I'm sure you will know all the technical terms for his equipment, but you'll have to suffice with my mere description! He had this pedal gadget thing that recorded different parts that he was playing, so he would begin the song and play the same thing for a bit, and then while the pedal thing was repeating it he would start the second part of the song and then the third and by the end he was playing all the parts of the song by himself. Anyways, enough of my lousy description...it was good!

Thursday we slept in a bit and then watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Afterwards we headed out to Palmer to my uncle's house for some good Turkey Day Food! We watched some football, visited and ate...it was lots of fun. We left there fairly early because the roads were wet and we were afraid it was going to be a very icy and slippery ride home. We went to our friends Shug and Paul and visited with friends. We then proceeded to our friend Forrest's house to play a game of rich man/poor man. Which then led to us needing to go home to sleep!

I had no intention of going shopping in the wee hours of the morning on Black Friday, but I purchased a newspaper just to see what was being sold and my mind was changed. They had some great deals this year and I do believe that 90% of my Christmas shopping is done!! Jamie Clarker RN and I woke up at 3:30 and were at the mall @ 4:00 a.m. we then went to Walmart, which was a ZOO, but I got what I needed and then we headed over to Fred Meyer for their Buy a board game get one free sale. We then headed home and went to bed! Mike worked until 8 p.m. and then we went and saw Four Christmases. It was pretty funny! I've been wanting to see it since I first saw the previews and I really liked it. The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. Mike has had to work everyday, I went to work for a little bit to get caught up on some stuff. But then I had to do all the grown up stuff of purchasing grocery's and cleaning house and such. I have enjoyed my 4 days off work and I'm really excited for this Holiday Season! I'm excited to get our tree and decorations up! It such a wonderful time of year!

1 comment:

jenny said...

You guys sound so happy! I totally picked that same Christmas blog background, but then some funky purple colored text took over my blog. I am so not blog savvy. I keep waiting to wake up and see my car buried in snow, but so far we've been lucky!