Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snowed In

I was headed to church today and I walked outside to a bunch of white, wet stuff. It looked rather pretty, however, it became my nemisis. My car was trapped. Mike had left earlier in the morning for work and had no problems, due to a commodity called 4-wheel drive. But as I reversed I made it to the end of my drive way..no further. I tried go forward again and reversing faster but it got me no further. I tried going forward and reversing in multiple directions, but it got me nowhere. I dug out the snow from underneath the tires, in hopes that I got the car to turn sideways, hoping that if I went forward I would be able to make it over the hump, but to no avail. And all I was left with was this...

There is a little bit of a lift at the end of the driveway, and I believe that was my biggest obstacle. Just to give you all an idea on how much snow we were getting, I had cleaned all the snow off my windows prior to trying to escape my house! So, needless to say, I was homebound today!

4 comments:

Lea-log said...

Wow! we have yet to see that much snow here at home, but you know, we will get it sometime this season!

Kory said...

Ha! it was in the 50's yesterday! Ready to come home yet?

Shara said...

I wish we had the snow. I am missing it. We missed it so much while we were in FL. And yet We have only had one small taste a few weeks ago. I sure hope it is white for Christmas.

J and T said...

Wendy, I saw your comment on Jenny's blog, and I'm glad you finally joined us crazed Utahans. Hope you enjoy. And, I can't remember if I posted a comment about this before, but your wedding was absolutely amazing. Jeff and I both came out of the ceremony so touched by the words spoken to you and Mike. They were so personal to you, yet it inspired and lifted us as well. Thanks for letting us be apart of it. Hope you are having a great holiday season. Convince Mike it is about time to put up the tree. Merry Christmas.

Tara