Thursday, October 16, 2008

Name Change

Well today I officially started the process of changing my name. I would have begun earlier but the Salt Lake County Clerks office put the wrong wedding date, according to them we were married April 13, 2008. So I had to wait for a new and improved license with correct information. So today on my lunch break I made the dreaded trip to the Social Security Department. After going through the metal detecter, because you just never know when a weapon will be necessary to get something accomplished with the government, I headed down the ramp and took a number. I haven't been to a SSD in quite some time but they had four different letters each having their own numbers. So in theory they had 4 different lines. That didn't make sense to me, but I'm sure there's a method to the madness. I drew A33. When I got there they were on A28, I thought "Not Bad." Well the only were calling 'D' numbers. I was afraid I had done something wrong as no A numbers were being called after I had sat there for 20-25 minutes. So, I went and drew another one, can't hurt right? Well they eventually called my A33 after a mere 40 minutes. It took them 5 minutes to take me information and I was outta there. I personally think they need more people working the windows. I mean, you know it's going to be busy every day, may as well staff for it. Now I get to face the DMV so that I can then start changing bank accounts and such. What a journey!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh I feel your pain! I too had to go through that process this month when my purse was stolen. Luckily the Provo SSD wasn't too bad, but I did however run into a sister I visit teach who just got married, she had that I just got married and am SO excited to have my name changed looked, where as I had the I have just been robbed look...but the good news was that even though I had just gotten my license renewed and mailed to me two days before I was robbed and they had my picture on file, they still forced me to take a new picture...gotta love it, the system is totally flawless.