Thursday, October 16, 2008

German-American Holiday



So, for those FEW of you who are unaware, Monday October 6th was German-American day. Leave it to my husband to find out that there is actually a day set aside to celebrate those who are both German and American. With a name like Fries there's no denying the German, so of course we MUST celebrate! Of course he didn't find out until late in the day that it was German-American day so I had little time to prepare, but I think it turned out nicely. There is a german sausage company down the street from my work that sold Kinder-eggs and Ritter Sports Bars (and if you never had either..it's a must have) that had come straight from Germany. And then to top it off my lovely sister, Liz, gave me a recipe for German Pancakes. It was a wonderful celebration and I wouldn't be suprised if it is a requirement to celebrate every year!

2 comments:

Amy said...

German Pancakes are a staple at our house...

jenny said...

Dang. We Beykirchs should definitely get in on this German holiday. Maybe we could skip work next year, hmmmm......