Sunday, March 1, 2009

Only in Alaska...

Last Saturday I had to go into work for something, and I pulled into the parking lot and was trying to unlock the clinic door when I heard a noise behind me. I looked back and saw this...a moose eating our trees. Earlier in the week Mike and I had talked about how we hadn't seen as many moose this winter and then this happens! I think that this is one of my favorite things about Alaska. No other place do you see moose crossing the highways, let alone the side streets. And it's not uncommon to see bear in the city during the summer. Although a moose isn't the nicest of all animals, I'd much rather be in an empty parking lot with a moose than a bear! I'm still unable to find my camera so I took this photo with my phone, so unfortunately you can't get accurate depth perception with this picture, but I was a lot closer to this moose than the picture perceives.

No comments: