Friday, February 6, 2009

Long Time

So I'm sure everyone feels as though life is a whirlwind at some point in their life, if not ALL the time, but I tell you what ...since getting married I don't think I've stopped running! It just seems if it's not one thing, it's another. Work is crazy right now. On top of being abnormally busy for a February we have been short staffed for a month, and although more is getting accomplished it does take a toll on me. Not to mention that we have been in constant training mode since August with people quitting and/or needing to be terminated (which as the Office Manager I get the privilege of doing :( ) Which has meant I've been working the last couple of Saturdays. And all of the staff is amazing and is helping out in every way possible, which I'm grateful for, but it's all still a little overwhelming at times! And then there is school. And then there is callings. My average arrival at the homefront is 8:30 p.m. And then poor Mike is the one who ends up having to make dinner, because he gets home earlier than I do and we wouldn't eat until 11 p.m. if we waited for me to get home! I believe I've had some sort of event every night this week, and I'm not as young as I used to be, so I don't bounce back quite as quick as I used to with less than average sleep! Oh...and I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament this Sunday so I've been working on that as well. I'm not complaining, because busy is good....but is it ever going to slow down? Even a little? I keep thinking that once I'm finished with school life will get slower, but I have a feeling that isn't so. Is there anyway to slow down this journey we call life?

5 comments:

J and T said...

Jeff and I always talk about how we don't think life ever does slow down...at least it hasn't for us. We are hoping it finally will when we hit the twilight years, but even then, I am sure we'll find something to keep us busy. I think the keys are enjoying yourself along the journey and trying to cut out the not so important things. Easier said than done.

I ran across an idea from Pres. Hinckley in this month's ensign, and I really liked it. Elder Perry said, "President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) outlined the responsibilities we should consider when allocating and balancing our time to achieve success:

• A responsibility to our families.

• A responsibility to our employers.

• A responsibility to the Lord’s work.

• A responsibility to ourselves. "

He continued by saying, "This was particularly interesting to me. President Hinckley noted that we must allot time for rest, exercise, recreation, study, meditation, and temple worship in order to be balanced in our lives."

I think I have some work to do in my own life before I am even close to becoming balanced.

Good luck with your talk this week.

Tara

jenny said...

Wendy Sue! I totally hear you. I kept thinking life would get easier to manage when my kids got out of that newborn/infant stage, but it's sooo true that it's really just one thing after another. I wish we could be there to pop in and hear your fabulous talk on Sunday! Good luck.

Kory said...

Ganja slows everything down.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Busy hands are happy hands right? Just keep telling yourself that!

Amy said...

Oh man I hear ya! It is totally true once you get married life just zooms by! It is so crazy,I am sure once kids come into the picture it goes by even faster, and you will say, remember how easy life was when we were first married? :)