Friday, January 9, 2009

Callings

Mike and I have been in our ward 3 months now and we just got our callings. We did a good job of dodging the Bishopric! :) I was a little nervous about the callings we would get now that we are in a family ward. It's pretty easy to avoid Primary in a Singles Ward! I actually wouldn't mind Primary, but sometimes it's easier to get to know the other members in the ward in Relief Society. But with Mike being a fairly recent convert, and us being new I thought for sure we were Primary bound. I was pleasantly suprised. I have been called as an Acheivement Day's Assistant....I don't think it gets much better than that! So on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month we have an activity. They didn't have acheivement days when I was growing up so I'm rookie to it all, although I do have some funny memories helping Joanne when she was in charge a few years back!! She had a interesting group of girls though. We have 5 girls that come each time and I'm really looking forward to it. Mike and I have also been called as Ward Missionaries, another calling I'm looking forward to. I think my favorite part is that we get to go to church and just enjoy it! All in all we are pleased. And if you have any ideas for Acheivement Days don't hesitate to share!

5 comments:

jenny said...

Really???? I was lucky enough to get out of Primary and into Achievement days for a few months, but as soon as we moved, boom! Right back in Primary. I think I'm going on 5 years now... Something tells me I'm going to have to put in the full 12 years that I should have done as a kid! You two look so happy. We are so happy for you.

Shara said...

Awesome! I wish I could do Achievement days, sounds like a good job, only twice a month and no Sundays! I was just put in as Sunbeam teacher (Xander just Started Sunbeams too!) and yesterday they are now switching me to Nursery because Xander and I do not get along in Sunbeams! Now lets see if I get along with Xoey in Nursery!! Your lucky!!!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Cool! I just got called as a teacher for the 8 year olds! I love it. And they are are all girls.

Amy said...

Oh how fun! My sister had that calling and did a lot of fun things. The activities are very similar to YW stuff too, so if you ever want swap activity ideas you know where to find me. Kory would be so jealous of your ward mission leaders calling. Every time someone gets that call and the ward missionary's call, he is always like MAN I WANT THAT CALLING!

Kory said...

Ward Missionaries. Lucky. Achievement days... You could try knife throwing or sniper shooting.