Friday, October 9, 2009

1st Anniversary

September 13th was our 1 year anniversary! I can't believe how fast it has flown by. It seems like it went by much quicker than the year planning the wedding! It was my turn to plan the event and I wanted to suprise Mike. I have a hard time with this, because he guesses EVERYTHING!! But, I was successful. We celebrated on Saturday the 12th, because the 13th was on a Sunday. Mike had to work at Best Buy for a few hours Saturday evening, so we had some time during the day and then the late evening. Saturday morning I told Mike that we were meeting our Real Estate agent at 12:30 p.m. to look at a house. We had been driving around looking for houses in the morning and then I plugged in the address for Bear's Tooth Movie Theatre into the GPS. They were having a matinee showing of Transformer's 2 and Mike had been dying to see it. It's a fun theatre because they have tables and booths and you can order your lunch and then they bring it to you while you're watching the movie. So he's driving along, starving and complaining mind you:), thinking he's headed to another house, when it takes us to the Theatre. He got a big old grin on his face and I had accomplished my task! So, for the traditional 1st year gift, which is paper, we had our movie tickets. After the movie Mike headed to work and then I went into my next plan. I had gotten us a hotel room and had made dinner reservations for when he got off work. I went and decorated the hotel room with Peppermint Patties (his favorite) and took a little basket with a note, change of clothes and the GPS programmed with Destination 1 and Destination 2, so that he had no idea where he was going. He was a little embarrased when he got a basket delivered at work, but hey...I didn't have too many options! So he made it to Destination 1-Dinner @ Suite 100. Again...suprised! It was YUMMY! After dinner he thought we were going bowling, cause I had mentioned it a few days back. He was suprised when the GPS led him to hotel. Needless to say, I was very pleased with pulling this off, because it's very rare that I actually get to suprise him! The modern day gift is "Time" and Mike loves watches and clocks, so I got him a wall clock that we can hang at our new house. We had lots of fun and am so happy that I have the rest of my life and eternity to spend with my husband!

No comments: